Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ride4Love 2009

Earlier today my Dad and I completed the Ride4Love, a charity bike ride to raise money for Love146. The mission of Love146 is to end child sex slavery and exploitation.

Well, when I say "completed" I mean that we started the ride and returned to the start, eventually. About 12 miles in we became lost. In our wandering, we completed a 3+ mile climb up a mountain to Lake Desolation (I kid you not). In all, we went about 18 miles of our way. Once we figured out where we were, we decided to throw in the towel and head back to the start (which was about 13 miles away). Despite some laughable mistakes, we had a great time.

Betsy took a few photos of our return: http://westervelts.shutterfly.com/ (password is "Peanut").

Much thanks to everyone who supported my ride! The children who we helped are grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment