Sunday, June 3, 2007

At Last

We were married on June 2nd, 2007. We are excited! Our wedding day exceeded our expectations (which were great). The support of our family and friends was a tremendous blessing.

Thank you to the many who shared in our day and celebrated with us. We look forward with anticipation to sharing our lives with you all.

We copied our vows to the blog, because we liked them so much:
My dearest Betsy,

God forever changed my life with His unearned gift of salvation.
And now, he has given me you, another, precious unearned gift.
I want to be your husband so that we might serve Christ together.

I respect
your humble walk with God,
your desire to serve and love others, and
your desire to follow me as I follow God and to allow God to use me in your life.

I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care.
I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus.
I promise to strive to ensure that our marriage reflects the faithful, unconditional love of Christ.
I promise to forgive you as Christ has forgiven me.
I promise to guide and protect you as Christ does his church, as long as we both shall live.

With great joy and elation I choose you to be my wife. I love you!

---

Eric,

Besides the unearned gift of salvation, you are the most precious gift God has given me.
I promise to live my life for God first, and then for you.
I respect
your desire to protect and care for me,
your willingness to serve and work hard, and
your choice to seek God's perspective in your daily decisions.
I am committed to depending on God to love you, in ways that I cannot on my own.

As I see your weaknesses, I promise to view them in light of the God who stands behind you.
I will strive to become increasingly grateful for the man God has made you to be.
I promise to extend His grace to you.

I desire
to be trustworthy as your wife,
to serve and love you in all circumstances,
to follow you as the leader of our marriage, and
to allow God to use you to build His qualities in me.

I promise to submit my opinion to God's perspective
and to forgive you as Christ has forgiven me.

May our marriage reflect the faithful, unconditional love of Christ.

I choose you, to be my husband. I love you!

We will post some we have them from the photographer.

Oh, and about this post's title...our first dance song was "At Last" by Etta James.

No comments:

Post a Comment