Monday, January 28, 2008

Eric's First Day at GE

Today was my first day as a corporate man working at GE's Global Research Center. The day started with a hearty breakfast of eggs and toast prepared by the loving hands of my wife, who is still unemployed. I spent most of day being oriented by my colleagues and attempting to navigate GE's corporate computer system. My indoctrination to corporate-style red tape and weird lingo has already begun. For example, my office is in K1-5C4. That's building K1, floor 5, wing C, room 4. I'll bet you couldn't find it even if I gave you a map. I couldn't.

I'm excited to see what the coming days and months will bring. If you'd like to hear details of what I'll be working on, let me know. I'd be happy to chat with you about them.

The picture is of me on my way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment