Monday, December 16, 2013

And we wait...

Thanks to all who have prayed for and inquired about our adoption this week! After 3 days of trying to induce our birthmom with a variety of methods, the OB decided to send her home for a few days due to lack of progress. The baby is big, estimated by ultrasound to be about 9 lbs!  Since her original due date was 12/18 (the date was revised to 12/11 a few months ago), they suspect his size made them think he should be coming sooner.  In any case, what is clear is that her body just isn't ready to deliver yet. If she doesn't go into labor on her own, they will re-admit her on Thursday and try induction again.  Please pray:
  • for her to go into labor on her own
  • for the logistics of travel and caring for Ethan while we are away
  • for peace to rule in our hearts and minds while we wait
  • for a safe an uneventful delivery for mom and baby

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Westervelts :)
    Stephie told me about your good news x 2 and I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you and will be praying for you. I just KNOW you are the best parents ever and these babies will be mightily blessed!
    Love,
    Julie Azelvandre

    ReplyDelete